Friday, October 30, 2009

ARABESQUE 2009

"Girls lined up at the barre in delicate pink slippers. A quiet susurrus of young giggles drifts lazily trough the air. La Classe de Danse, Degas, 1875, but on a far smaller scale."
Excerpt from Arabesque à la hauteur by Jacquelyne Thurmond.


ARABESQUE is an aesthetic zine aimed at all things beautiful and refined. Inspired by the Japanese concept of otome, or maiden, it recalls the tiny loves, dreams and fancies that comfort and console the mind.
Imagine: a good cup of tea at a cafe you chanced on a rainy day, the delicacy of light playing on an embroidered silk handkerchief, a whisper of music passing through an open wondow; you walk through the forest, breathe in the crisp and cool autumn air- lost in the wonder of every day life.


Today I got in the mail ARABESQUE 2009, a beautiful and girly zine that features the hard work of many beautiful women.
You can see their effort and their passion while going through the pages; beautiful images and tender words drowns you into a world of neverending beauty.

Otome is what I'm loving lately, so this lovely zine covered up all my expectations!

The zine also came with free extra bonus card, apparently there were two designs, I got the one with the ballerinas tying their slippers.
I hope the zine becomes biannual!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everytime you comment, you make me happy and I smile.
Thank you SO much!

Cada vez que comentan, me hacen feliz y sonrío.
Muchisimas gracias!


Natalia L.
♥ ♥ ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...